WB Cabinet gives nod to new pump storage hydel project

The state government of West Bengal has sanctioned a new pump storage hydel project in Purulia district.

Power Minister Shobandeb Chatterjee said that there would be four pumps of 250 MW for the 1,000 MW Turga Pump Storage Hydel Power Project in West Bengal’s Purulia district.

He said an estimated Rs 4650.99 crore has been allocated for the project which will address the gap between supply and demand during a pick season.

The state will bear 15 per cent of the project cost while the rest 85 per cent will be taken from external aid as loan, the Minister added.

Image credit: financialexpress

Research Desk

Next Post

Gujarat drops 4,000-MW coal power project

Fri May 12 , 2017
The state government of Gujarat has decided to drop a proposal for setting up a 4,000-Megawatt (Mw) coal-based ultra mega power project (UMPP). The decision has been taken because, the government under Vijay Rupani, instead of adding thermal power, wishes to focus for now on renewable power. Gujarat had proposed […]
Gujarat drops 4,000-MW coal power project

Categories

Blog Stats