Indian Railways to set up Rs 200 cr solar plant in Bhilai

Through Railway Energy Management Company Limited (REMCL), the Indian Railways is planning to set up a solar power plant in Bhilai (Chhattisgarh).

According to a report in BusinessLine,the project cost of the 50 MW plant is estimated at Rs 200 crore. Of the total cost, 20 per cent will be borne by the Railways, while the remaining 80 per cent will be raised through debt.

It said the Railways will bear Rs 40 crore of the construction cost, while the power will be purchased through a developer model, wherein the developers will be asked to operate and maintain the solar project.

Funds mobilisation for the Rs 200 crore project, estimated at Rs 160 crore, could be raised from firms, such as Power Finance Corporation and Rural Electrification Corporation, it quoted an official as saying.

Image Credit : img.saurenergy.com

Research Desk

Next Post

TERI signs pact with French firm for 'Clean India'

Wed Apr 26 , 2017
In view of Earth Day, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), the Innovative Finance Foundation (IFF) and 3WAYSTE company inked an agreement to collaborate on the rollout of a breakthrough technology for municipal solid waste management. While the first is a Delhi-based green body, the second is a Geneva-based innovation […]
TERI signs pact with French firm for 'Clean India'

Categories

Blog Stats