Thirumalai Chemicals Limited has come up the following updates,
A: Status of Previous Announcements:
1) The Expansions of Food Ingredients and Derivatives Plants were completed and these are now in operation.
2) The revamp and debottlenecking of Phthalic Anhydride Plant is in progress. These are expected to be completed and go into production during late Q4 FY-19.
3) Phase 1 of the company’s Phthalic Anhydride project at Dahej in Gujarat announced earlier, is expected to commence operation by May 2019.
B: New Proposals:
1) The Company has proposed to take up further expansion in Phthalic Anhydride and Derivatives at Dahej in Gujarat.
2) The Company’s subsidiary in Malaysia has decided to expand its Maleic Anhydride capacity to 65,000 tons/year. This is in addition to its recent expansion completed last year. This will partly feed the Maleic Anhydride derivatives project under construction, and for merchant sales in India and the region.
All the above projects will be funded from internal cash flows.
C: The Company is studying a greenfield facility to produce Food Ingredients in the US, aimed at the North American and European Market, based on local Gas feedstock.
Image Credit : media.glassdoor.com