Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated/laid the foundation for National Highways projects worth Rs 5485 crore in Madhya Pradesh.
According to an official statement, at an event in Guna, he laid the foundation stone for 5 NH projects of total length 226 km, worth Rs 3583 crore. These include
* 4 laning of Jhansi-Khajuraho section of NH 75 at a cost of Rs 976.62 Crore – This will give a boost to Jhansi-Khajuraho-Orcha tourist circuit by reducing travel time by 1.5 hours
* 4 laning of Seoni-Nagpur section of NH7 at a cost of Rs 730.8 Crore – Will save 45 minutes travel time.
* 4 laning of Hiran Nadi-Sindoor Nadi section of NH12 at a cost of Rs 617.17 Crore – This will save travel time between Bhopal and Jabalpur by 30 minutes.
* 4 laning of Rewa-Sidhi section of NH75 with Churhat Byepass and Tunnel at a cost of Rs 1004 Crore – This will save 1 hour travel time by making way through a straight tunnel in place of the present circuitous route.
* 2 laning of Biaora-Maksudangarh section of NH752 B at a cost of Rs 254.17 Crore – The construction will improve safety conditions at 16 difficult spots on this section.
According to the statement, Gadkari also inaugurated 188 km of NH projects worth Rs 1902 crore in the state. These projects include:
* Phase I of 4 laning of Shivpuri-Guna section of NH 3 constructed at a cost of Rs 830.36 crore
* 4 laning of Guna- Biaora section of NH 3 constructed at a cost of Rs 1012.9 crore.
* 4 laning of parts of Lakhnadaun – Chapara section of NH 7 constructed at a cost of Rs 58.6 crore.
Image Credit : orissadiary.com